Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts.

I'm a writer. Well let's just say "aspiring". It sucks when you have no ideas. It makes it difficult to write a structured article.

But you know what? This is  a blog. So forget being all structured. My thoughts will just flow from the brain...

I just moved to Buffalo from ATL. Yep, big difference as you can imagine. But as I adjust to this city I can't help but notice a few things about this place. Besides the obvious things like the temperature decrease and geographic location I notice that this city is indeed small. "Where Everyone Knows Your Name" (just like the Cheers jingle) Seems like somehow or some way one person knows you through someone else. I've met many people here who knows someone I know. And that is not something I'm not used to. It's expected though. Guess it can be a gift and a curse all in one. Good that someone knows you but bad that there may already be preconceived opinions about you. Whatever though.. if someone isn't feeling you or what you do D R O P em. Obviously you don't need them.

Since my homie Shaun is such an awesome photographer he has the pleasure of being the cameraman at certain parties and events. Now don't take this the wrong way Buffalo, but if you must get in front of the camera then you should please make sure you are "camera friendly". In other words, make sure you are looking presentable. Pictures last forever. They are memories in still life, meant to be looked upon later in life. I just don't understand how people can jump in the camera and look a hot mess. Sweaty pits, bad makeup, appalling outfits.. I can go on. Ladies & Gents.. if you feel the need to take a picture, please feel free to look in the mirror before doing so. I don't say that to convict any one person. I just felt like that needed to be thrown out there for the public. Enough of these bad pictures, let's capture something worth saving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment